On-Page SEO in 2020
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of growing the quality and quantity of website traffic by increasing the visibility of a website or web page to users of a web search engine. On-site SEO refers to optimizing both the content and HTML source code of a page SEO.
The ultimate goal of on-page SEO is the attempt to make it as easy as possible for both search engines and visitors to understand exactly what the web page is about, identify that the page is relevant to a search query, and determine that the page is useful and worthy of ranking well on the search engine results page (SERP).
What are Some On-Page Ranking Factors for SEO?
- Content Page: The content on a page is what makes it worthy of a search result position. It is what the visitor came to see which is why it is important to create good content.
- Title Tags: A title tag is an HTML element that lists the title of a web page. Title tags are shown on search engine results pages (SERPs) as the clickable headline for a given result, thus making them important for usability, SEO, and social sharing.
- URL: A URL (Uniform Resource Locator), or more commonly known as a “web address”, specifies the location of a resource (such as a web page) on the internet. The URL structure is very important because it adds a helpful relevancy metric to the given page.
What is Included in An Ideally Optimized Web page?
An ideally optimized web page should do the following:
- Provide detailed information about the subject being discussed
- Link back to it’s category page
- Be hyper-relevant to a given topic
- Link back to the homepage
Having an SEO strategy is key to ranking in Google. Our friendly and knowledgeable SEO staff is waiting to work with you to improve your on-page SEO. Contact us today and let us jump start your SEO campaign.