Does Your Business Need a Website?
Things to consider before hiring a web developer.
New business owners often struggle with the question of whether or not they need a website. More often than not the answer to that question is yes. If you are looking to have an online presence then having a website is the key to your success.
Contemplating on whether or not you need a website? Are you afraid that you won’t receive a return on your investment? Your website is your piece of virtual real estate that allows your clients or prospective customers to interact with your brand. Here are a few things to consider when you are considering constructing your online real estate.
- What is the purpose and strategy for having a website? Is it to sell something? Provide information?
- Who is your target audience? As you are building your website you want to make sure that you are speaking to your ideal customers. Narrow down your target audience prior to starting your web design project.
- What is your Customer’s Journey? Remember road maps? Your customer journey is the road map that details how your customers will become aware of and interact with your brand. Simply put, it is the overall customer experience.
- How do you want your website to look? I love a well-kept lawn because to me it speaks to the inside of the home. The same can be said in regards to your website or as I like to refer to it as your piece of online real estate. Your website should be aesthetically pleasing to your target audience, easy to use, and have great content.
- What content will you provide? Too much or too little content can be a turn off for some customers. Having the right balance is key. The objective is to provide your target audience with a great experience each time that they interact with your brand through your website.
- What is your budget? How much do you want to invest? Your website is an investment (you get what you pay for)
- Is your domain available? Does your domain match your brand? Having a memorable domain makes it easy for your customers to remember it and to find your website. Just make sure you do a domain search prior to making your final choice.
- Do you know what hosting platform you will use? There are many different hosting platforms to choose from. When making your choice decide how much assistance you will need, how much traffic you expect, and how much you can afford to pay each month.
- What integration will you need? Forms, automations, plugins, SEO, etc.. Make sure that your web developer is able to add everything that you need to your website prior to going live.
Making the decision to get a website is not an easy one, however, it can be very beneficial for your brand. When building your website ask yourself, “what solution will I provide for my clients” and showcase that on your website. Remember, your website should display how you will solve that problem and make them feel appreciated while interacting with your brand.
Feeling overwhelmed? No problem! Schedule your free consultation with us today and we will help you create a memorable website that will engage your clients and give them that customer experience that they expect from your brand.